7 reasons to choose certified organic.
Did you know the term ‘organic’ isn’t regulated in Australia? The term is splashed across labels, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that a product is really organic!
Organic Certiﬁcation logos, like the Australian Certiﬁed Organic Bud logo, guarantees you’re buying a truly organic product.
CEO of Australian Organic, Australia’s leading organic industry body, Mr Paul Stadhams, encourages us to look for a certiﬁed organic logo whenever we buy organic – like the Australian Certiﬁed Organic (ACO) Bud logo.
“The Bud logo is your 100 per cent guarantee that you are buying real, honest organic products that have been audited all along the production chain – from paddock to plate – to comply with strict organic standards.”
ACO is one of seven certiﬁcation bodies nationally.
Owned by Australian Organic, ACO is now Australia’s largest certiﬁer for organic and biodynamic produce and products, certifying in 16 countries and with auditors reviewing and maintaining over 17,000 products with the Bud logo.
The ACO Bud logo means that product is cruelty-free, non-GMO, pasture fed, socially responsible, sustainably ﬁshed, biodiversity friendly and of course grown free from harsh synthetic pesticides, herbicides, hormones and antibiotics.
You can find it on a range of products from food and drinks to skincare, clothing, homewares, gardening, and pet food.
Why choose organic?
Go Vita Tanunda give you 7 reasons to choose certiﬁed organic.
- Good for the environment ACO works towards the future, focusing on organic, sustainable farming practices, land regeneration, and biodiversity protection.
- Certiﬁed organic products are the only true free range products Livestock must be 100 per cent free range to be certiﬁed organic. This means no caged chickens and no sow stalls. Animals must be given a high standard quality of life that allows them to perform natural social and physical functions.
- Certiﬁed organic food products are real Certiﬁed organic food is real food made without synthetic colourings, preservatives, additives or GM ingredients, items that can be linked with allergic reactions.
- If you can’t eat it, you shouldn’t put it on your skin! Skin products aren’t tested on animals and don’t use any synthetic colouring agents, fragrances, ethoxylated ingredients, silicones, parafﬁn or petroleum.
- No GMO Buying certiﬁed organic is the only way to know if a product is free from genetically modiﬁed organisms as there is no requirement in Australia to label GM ingredients.
- Be 100 per cent socially responsible. By buying Australian Certiﬁed Organic, you’re protecting workers’ rights.
- The Bud logo is a logo with integrity ACO has one of the strictest food regulatory programs in the world. Every ACO product has a certiﬁcation number unique to the operator, allowing full traceability, and random audits and product testing ensure ongoing authenticity.
For more information or to get in touch with Lee, click here
*Disclaimer: Some information as mentioned above has been extracted from the Go Mag.