COCKTAIL RECIPE BY NICOLE DURDIN
SEPPELTSFIELD ROAD DISTILLERS
This cocktail was inspired by WSET Spirits Educator, Hannah Lanfear. In October last year, our staff completed WSET Spirits Level 2, the first time the course had been run in Australia.
Hannah, who flew over from the UK to teach the course, talked a lot about cocktails which highlighted the spirits used, rather than hiding the them with other flavours. When Hannah came across a spirit or cocktail that she got excited about, she would say it gave her ‘Fizzy Knickers’, hence the name of this cocktail!
You will need //
- 60ml Seppeltsfield Rd Distillers Semi-Gin
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 15ml simple sugar syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 egg white
- Strip of lemon peel
- Maraschino Cherry
1. To prepare garnish, wrap Maraschino Cherry with lemon peel and place on a cocktail stick.
2. Fill cocktail shaker with ice cubes and add all ingredients. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to ensure all ingredients are combined and the egg white is foamy.
3. Double strain into a coupette glass and rest garnish on top.