RECIPE BY PETER CLARKE
VINTNERS BAR & GRILL
A straightforward, simple recipe designed so there’s no excuse but to give it a go. Using only the best prawns caught in open Australian waters, you’re guaranteed to achieve a standout, amazing dish every time. This dish works great as a share starter or equally well as an individual dish at a dinner party.
BONUS – The dressing can be kept in the fridge for months and used with lots of other ingredients.
Don’t forget to match this dish with a good off dry Rose, Riesling or Gewurztraminer.
NAM JIM DRESSING
- 4 red and green chillies chopped with seeds
- 1 clove garlic fine chopeed
- 1 small knob ginger finely grated
- 5 coriander root finely chopped
- 100g palm sugar (if unavailable use brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 2-3 limes
Heat fish sauce with palm sugar until dissolved, remove from heat, add rest of ingredients except for lime juice, when cool add lime juice to taste. Dressing will keep in fridge for a month or more.
FOR THE SALAD
- 100g green mango or papaya shredded
- 1/2 bunch coriander picked
- 1/2 bunch mint picked
- 1/4 finely sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup Thai basil picked
- 12 prawns peeled & cooked (cooled)
Put the salad ingredients in a bowl, add 2-4 table spoons dressing, lightly mix and place on prawns, serve straight away.
NB : You can use chicken, duck or other white proteins or fish etc with this salad as well.
Like this dish? Check more of Peter’s creations here…