Budburst Strawberry Daiquiri Cocktail
This has to be one of the easiest and delicious cocktails to make at home…
Serves // 1 person
- 45ml Budburst Gin (Barossa Distilling)
- 15ml Red Okar (Applewood). Campari can be used as an alternative.
- 15ml Simple Sugar Syrup (from a bottle shop or very easy to make your own)
- 5 Fresh Ripe Strawberry’s
- 5 Regular size ice cubes
- ½ Fresh Basil Leaf
- 2 (optional) Dashes of bitters – we have used Barrel Spiced (Australia Bitters Company)
- 1 Good Squeeze of fresh lime juice from a thick cut wedge
- 1 Strawberry
- 1 Saucer or rimming dish of coco powder or drinking chocolate
- 1 Fresh Basil leaf
Grab your blender and throw in all of the ingredients, except the chocolate! If your blender has the ice setting use that, otherwise just pulse everything up until the ice is no longer ‘clattering’ against the side of the blender.
Grab the glass of your choice, we have used a Martini/Cocktail glass, but a wine glass or stemless tumbler could work just as well.
Moisten the rim of your glass using a cut Strawberry or the discarded wedge of lime, turn the glass upside down and dip into your saucer of chocolate, give it a little twist to make sure the chocolate sticks to the rim.
Now carefully pour your cocktail mix from the blender into the glass, pouring up to the level of the chocolate rim.
Garnish with a strawberry and/or a fresh basil leaf and serve. Easy as that, Cheers!
The quantities above will makes 1 cocktail. Just double or triple the quantities to make 2 or 3 etc.
HOT TIP //
Don’t tell anyone but you can also make fabulous Ice Lollies with this recipe. Simply make the same mixture and pour it into an Ice Lolly mould, freeze and in no time at all you can have Daiquiri dribbling down your arm.
Like the sound of this recipe? Then you will most likely want to try some of Barossa Distilling Co’s other cocktail recipes: