RECIPE BY NEIL BULLOCK OF BAROSSA DISTILLING CO
PHOTOGRAPHY BY ALICIA LÜDI-SCHUTZ
This is the swiss army knife of cocktails, you can use this in a number of ways and get delicious results every time. Here we will use it as a sensational Gin cocktail, but its depth of flavour lends itself to Rum, Vodka or ditch the booze altogether and knock up a mocktail – it will hit the spot every time!
- Rocks or Highball glass
- Muddle Stick or a long spoon
- Cocktail Shaker
- Plenty of ice
- Garnish/Cocktail sticks
- 30ml Generations Gin
- 15ml Simple Sugar Syrup
- 20ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 20ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 80ml Freshly pressed quality Apple Juice
- Large Sprig of mint
- Crisp Green Apple
1. Gently muddle the mint sprigs with sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker.
2. Mix in the Gin, lemon and lime juices, then add ice and the apple juice.
3. Give it a quick light shake and pour everything into a rocks or high ball glass. Top up with ice.
4. Garnish with a good sized mint sprig, give it a bit of a slap in cupped hands first to release the aroma! If you are feeling fancy go for an apple fan on a cocktail stick as well.
Like the sound of this recipe? Check out more of Barossa Distilling Co’s cocktail recipes: